Friday, July 18, 2008

A Very Merry Un-Birthday and Ethiopian Cuisine

I woke up this morning to the sound of little feet upstairs preparing for the boys birthday bash. Both Greg and Isaac were born very close to Christmas so they celebrate their half-birthdays. This gives them great weather and a bit more attention for themselves on their special day. Among other things, the boys were given these great Nerf guns with body gear and everything. They took the whole thing very seriously. They look like they are ready to conquer any bad guy that comes their way!





After the party ended, we took a brief break to catch up on things and then headed off to dinner. Having never tried it before, I wanted to take the opportunity while I was in the city to try Ethiopian cuisine. Let me tell you- it was WONDERFUL!
Not only was the flavor amazing, but the presentation was beautiful. Kids and adults alike, ate with our hands all kinds of things that were totally new. From raw beef to "green chicken", to injera (a common Ethiopian bread) we piled on the food and ate until we were stuffed. There were spices I have never tasted before and let me tell you, A LOT of water was consumed by all!






It was great! I will gladly learn how to make what I can and order out for the rest whenever I get the chance. I can't wait to actually eat it while I'm there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Family Thread

An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break.
-An ancient Chinese Proverb